We've updated this post to include a bigger range of prices for your choice. We've reviewed keyboards under $30, $50 and $75 out there to determine the best budget gaming keyboard for each category.
As always, there is a host of keyboards for the gaming enthusiast to choose from. Fortunately, choosing the right keyboard for your needs doesn’t mean breaking your wallet. Many excellent models are very affordable and budget friendly. Below we’ll take a look at some of the best gaming keyboards that fall under that mark which, as you’ll discover, don’t skimp on features even though their prices are low.
Comparison Chart of the Best Budget Gaming Keyboard Under $50
Redragon K552 KUMARA Backlit Gaming Keyboard
|View Latest Price|
HAVIT Rainbow Budget Gaming Keyboard
|View Latest Price|
Redragon S101 VAJRA Gaming Keyboard
|View Latest Price|
UtechSmart Saturn RGB Budget Gaming Keyboard
|View Latest Price|
Bluefinger Storm Devastator
|View Latest Price|
These keyboards will use a variety of switches in them, and most of them are not mechanical keys. Mechanical keys are typically the best keys you can get as they are more responsive, and more importantly have a longer lifespan than membrane keys.
If you’re looking for a little bit better keyboard and willing to increase your budget, we also have a best cheap mechanical keyboard under 100 dollars post.
Best Budget Gaming Keyboard Under 50 Dollars
If you’re on a tighter budget, then this is the list for you! All of these keyboards are less than $30 dollars and I’ve even included a lot of combo sets so you can keep your gaming peripheral costs down. If you have any questions about this list please feel free to leave a comment below.
5. Bluefinger Storm Devastator
- ABS Gaming Keyboard: The BlueFinger USB wired keyboard is made of durable and high quality ABS materials. Designed with...
- Illuminated Keyboard: This backlit gaming keyboard comes in 3 LED red/blue/purple colors and 3 breathing modes. You can...
- Professional Keys: 10 multimedia hot keys on the top of the keyboard that can help you easily access email, media player...
The CM Storm Devastator gaming keyboard was made with feedback in mind. Built of durable materials featuring side rubber pads, this LED backlit keyboard offers a host of features. Available in red, blue, green and multi-colour, it offers laser-etched keys covered with a non-slip coating and for an additional $10 can include a stylish, fast mouse that will melt in your hands. The keys themselves are incredibly responsive for such an inexpensive keyboard, delivering just the right amount of tactile feedback. All told, this board will delight anyone from the casual to the seasoned gamer.
As said, this budget gaming keyboard can also come with a mouse that is totally usable! It has three DPI presets going all the way up to 2000 which is good for most people, but if you’re looking for more competitive mouses check out my post on gaming mice under $50
I honestly have had no issues with this keyboard after having used it for months. The worst thing I could say about it would have to be the lack of software. Other than that this keyboard and mouse are great.
4. UtechSmart Saturn RGB Budget Gaming Keyboard
- 7 COLORS BACKLIT OPTIONS: Switch backlit color by pressing light key (Blue, Green, Red, Rose Purple, Yellow, Cyan,...
- LOCK/UNLOCK WIN KEY FEATURES: Disables the Windows/Context Menu keys to prevent accidental game interruptions;...
- 20 MULTIMEDIA FUNCTIONS: With easy access 12 media keys; 104+ Laser Engraving Keys with rubber coating; Excellent...
The UtechSmart LED backlit gaming keyboard is as stylish as it is functional. There are many RGB LED lighting options with this gadget gaming keyboard. The keyboard can be lit in 7 different combinations of red, green, and blue (hence RGB) – lighting up the laser-etched keys in brilliant fashion. The keyboard has an ergonomic design with armrest and non-slip keys which carry a high degree of touch sensitivity. While not a mechanical design, the keys almost behave as if they are. The unique polymorphic shape gives good access to all keys, especially the space bar, in true gaming fashion. Functions keys can be programmed as needed. The AULA Gaming Keyboard is, overall, an excellent keyboard for the price.
The UtechSmart budget gaming keyboard is splashproof which can be a pretty useful feature if you’ve ever made any mistakes and completely wrecked your keyboard in the past. I’d advise on not bringing any liquids near your PC at all, but being realistic, I know that’s not going to happen.
It has 19 conflict free keys and as i mentioned, the keys are laser etched – so the letters will stay on display for a long time.
I understand that this product is being made in China, but it’s frustrating if you get a “bad egg” and have to get an exchanged keyboard. Granted, their product has been going for a while, and there haven’t been any real poor reviews on Amazon as of late. But it’s still frustrating.
I’d recommend this keyboard to someone who is looking for a unique gaming LED Backlit keyboard that is affordable, but effective.
3. Redragon S101 VAJRA Gaming Keyboard
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD AND GAMING MOUSE COMBO: Includes Redragon RGB Backlit Computer Gaming Keyboard and RGB Backlit Gaming...
- RGB BACKLIT GAMING KEYBOARD; 7 different RGB Lighting modes & effects, 4 backlight brightness levels, adjustable...
- MULTI MEDIA & ANTI GHOSTING; The Gaming Keyboard has 25 conflict free (n-Key Rollover) 10 Dedicated Multimedia keys plus...
The Redragon S101 Vajra Gaming Keyboard along with the included Centrophorus USB Gaming Mouse are a great combo for under $30. Stylish design meets ergonomic comfort, as the keyboard features interchangeable WASD keys that are laser-engraved. Also, 12 multimedia keys complement the 104 standard keys. The keyboard itself is black with red directional keys, a real plus when time is of the essence. One of the better features of this board is the mouse, which is hypersensitive thanks to its superfast gaming engine. The 5-foot cable is a plus for extension capabilities, and the gold-plated USB connector does nothing but looks good I guess.
One thing that stands out about this mouse and this budget gaming keyboard would just have the be the low cost. The mouse and keyboard both have features that should cost about $20 more than what the actual cost is.
Considering that I have this combo set, I did, in fact, have a problem with the keyboard. When I first received Redragon S101 Varga Gaming Keyboard, a few of the keys were not working, which made me have to return it to Amazon and get a new one. I didn’t have any issues with the second one, and it still works to this day, but this is something you should be aware of.
2. HAVIT Rainbow Budget Gaming Keyboard
- Gaming Mouse and Keyboard—Including a 7 Colorful Circular Breathing LED Gaming Mouse and a Rainbow Backlit Gaming...
- Keyboard Mouse Combo-Ergonomic keyboard and mouse design,fits naturally in your hand.The USB keyboard and gaming mouse...
- Computer Keyboards-Simultaneous operation of the USB LED backlit keyboards up to 19 keys without conflict, 11 multimedia...
It’s not often that you find a budget gaming keyboard, and mouse offered for under $50 that is this good. I can’t believe that it also has RGB lighting too.
This is a very close competition to the number 1 in our quest to find the best gaming keyboard under 30 dollars.
As mentioned, this has RGB lighting, but it also is a full keyboard with number keys as well – something that our number 1 choice does not have. Probably most important for our budget gaming consumers is that if you don’t have a mouse already, this comes with one.
The mouse, comes with 4 DPI presets to control its speed. The DPI settings are 800/1200/1600/2400 adjustable. The Mouse also has lighting options of Red, Blue, Purple and Pink.
Both the mouse and the keyboards lights can be turned off if desired.
Honestly, this is a great buy, there are so many strong reviews on Amazon – you don’t have to just take my word for it. This is definitely one of, if not the best gaming keyboard under 30 dollars.
There are some reports of there being quality issues and at this price, it’s so be expected. Just remember to return any products that might not work and get a new set and you should be okay.
1. Redragon K552 KUMARA Backlit Gaming Keyboard
- MECHANICAL GAMING KEYBOARD – Black version, 60 Percent Mechanical Keyboard with Custom Switches (Cherry MX Blue...
- SINGLE RED LED RGB BACKLIT MECHANICAL KEYBOARD 5 backlight brightness levels adjustable breathing speed. The Illuminated...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGNED PC GAMING KEYBOARD The steel series mechanical game keyboards features a Compact Ergonomic Design and...
- ANTI GHOSTING GAMING KEYBOARD FOR PC ALL 87 mechanical keys are conflict free (n-Key Rollover) for ultimate Gaming...
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD COMPATIBILITY Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard...
Here you’re getting a truly mechanical gaming keyboard for $30, which is a fantastic deal. This is the best gaming keyboard under $30.
As mentioned in our number 2 spot, this doesn’t have the 10 key keypad on the right, it is only 87 keys.
What you do get, beyond the mechanical keys (which should be enough to get it anyways), is that all the keys are anti-ghosting. Now you won’t have to screem at the computer that you did push that key!
This budget gaming keyboard also has Red backlighting lighting, so i would also classify it as the best budget backlit keyboard as well.
If backlighting doesn’t impress you, then you can opt for the less expensive model with no lighting at all.
As this keyboard isn’t a combo mouse + keyboard package, Redragon is able to use the budget entirely to make a great gaming keyboard.
This is definitely the best gaming keyboard under 30 dollars. The strong point is that it has mechanical keys that will ensure you are still able to use this keyboard for a long time.
Again, like others on this list. Sometimes quality control is a problem, and one of your keys may not work. Amazon is very good though at replacing, and if you look at the huge amount of positive reviews, this doesn’t happen often.
BEST GAMING KEYBOARD UNDER 50 DOLLARS
All of these options are more expensive than our keyboards under $30, but are worth every cent. You will be getting some truly competitive gaming keyboards for this price range, so if you’re willing to spend a little more take a look below.
3. Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard
- Prodigy Series Logitech G keyboard for advanced gaming-grade performance up to 4x faster than standard keyboards so...
- Brilliant Color Spectrum Illumination lets you easily personalize up to 5 lighting zones from over 16.8 million colors...
- Tactile performance keys tuned for gaming with responsive and more. LCD Display: No
- Dedicated media control let you quickly play, pause, skip and adjust the volume of music right from the keyboard
- Easily customize key lighting, 12 Function keys with custom commands, and more with free Logitech Gaming Software
The Logitech G213 gaming keyboard features brilliant LED backlighting and offers 5 zones to custimize your colour scheme to an endless perspective.
Unlike the G105, the G213 doesn’t have on the fly Macro recording, which is why it scores lower on this list.
To counteract this, this budget gaming keyboard has 12 function keys that can be generated for custom commands at your fingertips.
This keyboard also comes with a wrist wrest, but it isn’t cushioned in any way.
The Logitech software is always a nice add on, customizing keyboard shortcuts is dead simple and this is where you can customize the color scheme.
While this keyboard isn’t a mechanical one, I’m still reasonable impressed by the Logitech’s keys. While I still prefer mechanical keys, these do hold up over time. I’m always a little at ends as to why they have the sticker etching for the keys though, over time they will wear off.
Also, while this budget gaming keyboard has lighting, it is quite dull and really only noticieable when your head is directly over top of the keyboard.
If you’re looking for one of the best gaming keyboard under $50, then this is a very strong competitor. You’re getting a keyboard that is LED lit, has multiple modes, additional programmable keys, and a lot of other features making this a great buy.
2. CORSAIR K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
- Three zone dynamic RGB backlighting with 10+ preconfigured vivid RGB lighting modes allow you to choose immersive...
- 6 programmable macro keys enable powerful actions, key remaps and combos; Adjustable Height :Yes
- Dedicated Volume and multimedia controls for direct Audio control without interrupting your game. Matrix 110 keys
- Quiet and responsive keys give a satisfying feel. Compatibility and System Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows...
- Multi key anti ghosting ensures the most accurate simultaneous key presses
To begin with, the Corsair K55 has a nice RGB lighting scheme that the Razer at number 1 doesn’t have (without spending more money).
The RGB displays are not nearly as extensive as the Logitech though, as you can choose patterns (pulse, wave, different colors) across 3 separate zones.
The keys are nothing revolutionary in my opinion. but they are quiet and they have a little more responsiveness than a typical membrane keyboard…but not by much.
A simple but crucial addition, are the media controls, allowing to perform most of the functions you would need listing to music or watching videos.
I particularly like the fact that the wrist wrest is detachable, as rests are not for everyone. Detaching the wrist wrest is pretty simple.
Like the other budget gaming keyboards in this group, the Corsair doesn’t have software to aid in the keystroke recording or lighting customization. This is either a pro or a con. I don’t like extra software on my computer, but I noted this as a con as you just don’t have the option to have software if you wanted it.
I’d recommend this keyboard to someone looking for a great cheap keyboard under 50 dollars. You’re also getting a unique design and many different color choices.
This is a great budget gaming keyboard and the decision between number 1 or 2 is very close.
1. Razer Ornata Expert Gaming Keyboard
The Best Gaming Keyboard Under 50 dollars
- MECHA-MEMBRANE KEYS - Soft cushioned membrane rubber dome with a crisp tactile mechanical click
- MID-HEIGHT KEYCAPS: Custom designed keycaps for quicker actuation without missing a single stroke
- INDIVIDUALLY BACKLIT KEYS: Progammable keys with green lighting effect
- LEATHERETTE WRIST REST: Ergonomic magnetic wrist rest for ultimate comfort
- 10-KEY ROLLOVER ANTI-GHOSTING: Perfectly execute up to ten commands at the same time
The Razer Ornata keyboard is an impressive keyboard for the price. Beginning with the standard Razer color scheme, an all green keyboard is still effective at producing some flair to your rig.
While the keys are a membrane set up, Razer has added a
Razer offers their own software that you can use to control the lighting effects on your keyboard.
The Razer Ornata has on the fly macro recording by simply pushing one button followed by your key sequences. The task is easier to view when you use the Razer Synapse software, allowing to input delays between keypresses with ease.
While there are no dedicated media keys, you can use the software to remap some keys to handle volume control if needed.
You can press up to 10 keys simultaneously with no-conflict.
If RGB lighting is a big deal to you and you have some more money lying around, you can pay another $20 or so as a separate option in the link above.
The wrist wrest on this can not be understated, it’s exceedingly padded, so comfort during your gaming sessions is a breeze.
The Razer has added a tactile click sound to their membrane keys, to make them sound more like mechanical keys (while they are not).
It’s difficult to remove the keycaps, and these keys won’t stand the abuse of hard hitting gamers – but if you treat your keyboard with respect; you shouldn’t have any problems.
Also this budget gaming keyboard is matte black – which means you may feel the need to clean it more often; the grease from your hands will shine this up quick.
The Razer Ornata has a more premium wrist wrest, and at least provides you the option to install software or to customize your keyboard. The K55 is a very close competitor, as it does have media controls (where the Razer does not).
All in all, we feel this is the best gaming keyboard under 50 dollars.
As we’ve seen, good gaming keyboards don’t necessarily have to be expensive. There’s a range of keyboards currently on the market that offer features previously only seen on higher-end units, all for much less than you’d think you would have to pay. Items such as anti-slip technology, programmable function keys, LED backlighting and even accompanying mouse and headset are all on offer at reduced prices. So for the ultimate gaming experience for under $50, you can’t go wrong with one of these keyboards.
If this post helped you at all please shares and likes are greatly appreciated! If you have any questions about this post please feel free to leave them below and I will answer them as soon as I get the chance.