If you’re a hardcore gamer, you will want to build a computer with all the best parts that you can find. And from graphics cards to processors, the price of these parts can get quite expensive.
So chances are, after you have everything you need, you are likely a tad strapped for cash. Problem is, you still have yet to buy your gaming monitor.
If this is the case, then this list may be for you. In this list, we will be looking at ten of the best gaming monitors available, and all for under $200 dollars. This way, should you not have as much money as you had in your bank account when you stated making your gaming computer, you can still get a good, and affordable, monitor.
So if you need some ideas of what kind of good, and cheap, gaming monitors there are, then please read on as we bring you the top ten gaming monitors for under $200 dollars.
If these monitors seem expensive to you, then I recommend you check out my post on the best gaming monitors under $100.
10. ASUS VS248H-P 24 inch Monitor
Although the Asus V248H-P isn’t the flashiest monitor, it’s very affordable and a pretty amazing buy for gamers considering it’s specs. If you could care less about looks and just want something that’s just value, this is it.
- Slim Design 24" display with 1920x1080 resolution and Quick response time of 2ms (GTG) eliminates ghosting and tracers for more fluid video playback.
- Smart View Technology can adjust color parameters to deliver the same image quality and colors with straight viewing.
- Exclusive Splendid Video Intelligence Technology automatically optimize image quality with intelligent color, brightness, contrast and sharpness
- 50,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio dynamically enhances the display's contrast to delivering lifelike images. Inputs of HDMI, D-Sub, DVI-D.
- Corporate Stable Model program, the VS series is guaranteed to remain in stable supply for a minimum of 1 year.
- 2ms response time
- 1080p HD Monitor
- Asus’s Auto Adjust Technology
- Very Affordable
- All Major Ports
- Stand Could Be Better
Much like a few other names on our list, ASUS is one that has become known for the quality computer products they put out. But with other names such as HP, Acer, and LG on the list, how well does the ASUS VS248H-P stand up to the competition?
Much like some other monitors in the price range, the ASUS comes with some amazing visual capabilities. This includes 1920×1080 HD, fast, 2ms response speed, and an amazing 50,000,000:1 contrast ratio. It even includes HDMI, DVI, and D-Sub input ports, giving gamers great visuals in a multitude of options.
What does make the ASUS unique, however, is the monitors ability to auto-adjust. Using ASUS’ “Splendid Video Intelligence” technology, picture will automatically adjust color, brightness, sharpness and contrast, so that no matter what the situation, gamers will always have the best visual quality possible.
What seems to have hurt, at least a few users of the monitor, is the unit’s longevity. While it has not happened to everyone, some people have claimed that the monitor would stop working in a short time, with some even stopping operation after just five months. Fortunately, this flaw does not seem to afflict the majority of the monitors, so it is likely something you wouldn’t have to worry about.
So to answer the previous question: Yes, ASUS can stand up, and in some cases even beat, their competition. With many features gamers would love, the ASUS is a worthy investment.
9. Samsung SE330 Series 27-Inch FHD Monitor
For the price, the Samsung SE330 is easily one of the best 1080p gaming monitors you can get under $150(at the the time of this writing ). Considering that it’s such a steal I’d have to recommend to people who’re just looking for the best bang for their buck. This is truly a great monitor.
- 27" FHD gaming monitor
- Smooth game play with 1ms Fast response time
- Darker blacks with game mode. DVI:no , headphone: no, display port: no
- More natural viewing comfort with eye saver mode
- 1ms Response Time
- Full 1080p Gaming
- 27-inches under $150!
- Very Slick Design
- Eye Saver Mode
- No DVI Port
So far on our list, while there have been many great monitors, a majority of them have been in the higher price range. Luckily to remedy that, Samsung comes to the rescue with a great, and more affordable, gaming monitor.
While not the cheapest of monitors on our list, the Samsung comes with an affordable price tag near the $140 dollar range. This makes this monitor a great choice for those that may have found some of our other monitors a bit pricey.
Despite the lower price tag of the Samsung, you get a monitor that will give you the most out of your gaming experience. With an automatic upscaler and a gaming mode, the Samsung is able to give gamers an immersive experience that provides the best possible visuals. That’s just the beginning though, this monitor also features a 1ms response time and is 27 inches. You also have the eye saver mode for those longer gaming sessions.
You’d think that at such a great price, this monitor would have some major drawback, but the only one that this monitor has is the fact that it doesn’t have a dvi port and its relatively low refresh rate (60mhz). If those don’t mean much to you, this is a steal!
8. BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 24-Inch Gaming Monitor
For those who want a gaming monitor that has all the bells and whistles, BenQ’s ZOWIE gaming monitor is a great choice. It’s specifically made for gamers and has just about everything a gamer could want, but at a steep price.
- RAPID RESPONSE: 1ms (GTG) response time & ultra-low input lag technology for optimal console gaming experience, without the effects of smearing or ghosting
- VISUAL CLARITY: BenQ ZOWIE's exclusive color enhancer, Black eQualizer increases the visibility in dark environments without overexposing bright areas to display every detail with optimum clarity. Type contrast : 1000:1. Typ. DCR (DyNomic Contrast Ratio) : 12M:1
- DISPLAY MODES: Optimized presets for RTS, FPS, & Fighting game modes, along with Smart Scaling/Display Mode to simulate custom screen sizes, allowing complete control for individual viewing preferences.Dimensions with wall mount (HxWxD )(w/o Base) :350 x 579 x 63 mm
- EXPERIENCE: Specially designed frame to reduce glare & reflection. Angular compact slip-resistant base provides an ideal space for controller storage. Full tilt adjustment, VESA mount ready, & built-in speakers
- CONNECTIVITY: Compatible with Console & PC platforms, equipped with multiple inputs (Dual HDMI ports, DVI-D, D-Sub, and Headphone Jack/Line-in ports). OS Compatibility- Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 8.1Windows 10
- Built-In Speaker
- 1ms Response Time
- All Major Ports
- Great For Consoles As Well
- 1080p Full HD Gaming
- Low Blue Light
- 60Hz Refresh Rate
If you want to compete in the world of eSports, you will need a gaming monitor that can hold up to some high demand. That is why our next monitor, the BenQ, is the monitor of choice for competitive gamers.
The BenQ features one of the fastest possible response speeds, at 1ms, making for fast paced gaming with no lag. Not only will you get ghosting-free gaming, but you will also get crystal clear gaming, as the BenQ has many auto-adjusting features that will give gamers the best visibility in any given situation.
The BenQ also gives gamers many connection options, providing HDMI, DVI, VGA, and D-Sub connections. This gives gamers the option of using whatever display option best suits their custom computer. If real-time strategy games are your cup of tea, then you will be pleased to know that the most unique feature of the BenQ their out-of-the-box “RTS Mode”, which best optimizes the screens display for RTS gaming.
All this does come at a hefty price, at almost $200 dollars for the monitor, so this monitor may not be the most cost effective option. Also, the stand of the computer does not have the option available to adjust height, which may be a problem to some gamers.
Competitive eSports gaming is on the cusp of becoming a world-wide phenomenon. With the BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 Gaming Monitor, you will be sure to be ahead of the curve.
7. ViewSonic VX2776-SMHD 1080p Monitor
IPS monitors are arguably the best monitor that offers superior display quality and viewing angles. The VX2776-SMHD from ViewSonic provides you just that.
- FORM & FUNCTION: With ultra-slim frameless design, Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution, and premium IPS panel, this monitors look as good as it performs
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A SuperClear IPS panel ensures stunning views no matter your vantage point
- ENHANCED VIEWING COMFORT: Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter for all-day comfort
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VX2776-SMHD supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA inputs
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year coverage with access to our US-based customer service team
ViewSonic has been producing monitors since the late 80s, so this company has been around for a while. However, that is not the reason why this monitor is included on this list of best gaming monitors under $200.
This monitor has a lot of features for its price; it is a 27-inch IPS monitor that supports full HD at 1080p (1920 x 1080). It has a refresh rate of 60Hz and has D-Sub, HDMI and Displayport for connectivity and compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. This is our best IPS monitor under $200 and our best 27 inch monitor under $200.
It has an ultra-slim bezel with a matte silver finish. Because this monitor is equipped with IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology images are consistent in color and brightness from any vantage point.
This monitor has 60Hz for refresh rate and can provide 1,000:1 Static contrast ratio (80M:1 dynamic). It also gives you 5 presets Game, Movie, Web, Text, and Mono. These presets should help quickly display accurate images for whatever application you are using the monitor for.
The VX2776-SMHD can be tilted 17º front to 5º back. This monitor is definitely a power saver it consumes
17W when on Eco mode and 32 Watts when used in max.
There are some drawbacks with this monitor, the height of the monitor cannot be adjusted as well as there is no DVI port. Another thing is that the response time for this is 7ms, which is the slowest response time on our list. Remember, IPS displays traditionally have higher response times than their TN counterparts.
6. Acer R271 27 inch Gaming Monitor
If you wanted to get a cheap monitor but with good quality the Acer R271 bidx is a monitor to consider. A very close second to our best 27 inch monitor under 200.
- 27" Full HD IPS Widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response Time: 4ms
- Pixel Pitch: 0.311mm
- Signal Inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (w/HDCP) & 1 x VGA
- Brightness is 250 nit
At the time of this review, this monitor is priced at around $130. The Acer R271 bidx is packed with a lot of features that a gamer would be looking for. It has a refresh rate of 60Hz, a static contrast ratio of 1,000:1 and aspect ratio of 16:9. This monitor is also Full HD at 1920 x 1080 max resolution.
This monitor is a great buy; and is number 2 best IPS monitor under $200 along with our second choice for the best 27 inch monitor under 200.
It is really light, so light that it can be knocked off easily so you need to really be cautious where you place this monitor. Another problem is that the height cannot be adjusted, it is also not VESA compatible.
This monitor has a slower response of 4ms, however, this is common for IPS monitors, an advantage of going with IPS monitors would be the viewing angles and the display quality.
This monitor is also made with an anti-glare screen, flicker-free and their Acer’s Eyeprotect, so it is good for the eyes even when playing games for long periods of time.
This monitor has a DVI (with HDCP), D-Sub (VGA) and a HDMI (Version 1.4) port for connectivity. However, it lacks a Displayport and USB ports (well a lot of people can still live with it).
The R240HY can save you a lot of money in the long run since this operates at 25Watts max and 12Watts on Eco-mode
With its price, it definitely is a good monitor to buy considering all the features it can offer and that is the reason why we included this in our best gaming monitor under $200 list.
5. ASUS VG245H 24 inch Gaming Monitor
If you are looking for a monitor with Freesync technology for your Radeon GPU; the ASUS VG245H is for you.
- 1ms response time featuring ASUS GameFast Input Technology and dual HDMI ports for a smooth console gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue.Physical Dimension with Stand(WxHxD) : 22.0x(14.1 ~19.25)x 8.30 inches. Physical Dimension without Stand (WxHxD) : 22.0 x 12.95 x 1.96 inches
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Exclusive GameVisual & GamePlus functions to enhance color performance and control.FreeSync/Adaptive Sync technology with 75 Hz refresh rate for a tear-free experience with AMD Radeon GPUs
- Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync) technology supported within 40Hz~75Hz for HDMI port
Talk about Asus getting another spot in the best gaming monitor under 200 list. The Asus VG245H is a Full HD monitor supporting 1920 x 1080p resolution; it has 75Hz refresh rate and 1,000:1 native contrast ratio (100M:1 Dynamic ratio). So nothing but good quality display.
This monitor is also easy on the eyes with its low blue light and flicker-free display.
Again, it comes with Freesync from AMD so this is a great plus for people using Radeon GPUs (monitor will still work with NVIDIA GPUs but it cannot use adaptive sync). With this feature, gamers can forget about screen tearing.
For connection you have dual HDMI 1.4 ports so you can connect 2 Devices at the same time, it has VGA (D-Sub, whatever you want to call it) for the older computers. However, it does not have a DVI port and USB ports.
This monitor is fast, with 1ms response time so definitely another advantage for a gamer.
Another cool feature is the stand of this monitor; you can tilt, swivel and swing this monitor in almost any direction. You can adjust the height of the monitor as well.
The only cons I can see so far and some people mentioned it as well in their review is that the initial screen calibration is hard. However, once this monitor is up and running you can forget about settings and just enjoy using this monitor.
One other thing is the power consumption 40W max is a bit high for the size of 24 inches. Other than these this monitor is great.
4. ASUS VE278H 27-Inch Full HD
1080p Gaming Monitor
Best 27 inch monitor under 200
Another entry in our quest to find the best gaming monitor under $200, and again it comes from Asus. Now, with this monitor you can go and stop looking for a monitor that fits your gaming need.
Look no further, this is the best 27 inch monitor under 200 dollars.
- Panel Size: Wide Screen 27.0"(68.6cm) 16:9, Resolution : 1920x1080
- Signal Input: HDMI x 2, D-Sub, HDMI-to-DVI cable, Stereo Speakers: 3W x 2 Stereo RMS
- Splendid Video Intelligence Technology. Connect to Full HD Blu-ray Disc players and myriad HD playback devices like DVD players, audio devices and set-top boxes for limitless entertainment
- 50,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio
- ASUS Rapid Replacement: 3 Years Warranty
The Asus VE278H is great for gaming and general use. It even has 6 presets for display settings. The refresh rate for this monitor is 75Hz, definitely good for gaming.
This monitor has a 1,200:1 static contrast ratio. This is the best native contrast ratio out of all the monitors on our best gaming monitor under 200 dollars list.
The ASUS VE278H monitor is also Full HD with a maximum resolution of 1920×1080.
As is a TN panel monitor you won’t be getting as good viewing angles (170 (H) / 160 (V)) as an IPS display.
I don’t really see it as a disadvantage as this is still an impressive range.
With a 2ms response time, you don’t get much better. In our experience, input lag is also kept to a minimum.
Connectivity-wise this monitor has VGA, HDMI and auxiliary ports.
Asus also includes in the box a HDMI and VGA cable (but please don’t use vga) so you don’t have to worry about how you will connect your monitor to your gaming / office computer.
Great price, awesome features. Asus has done a great job once more, see below for our top 3 choices for the best gaming monitor under $200.
3. LG Electronics 25UM58 25-Inch Monitor
Best IPS monitor under 200
LG Electronics makes some of the best gaming monitors out there, and the UM57 is easily one of the best monitors under $200. If you’re looking for an ultrawide monitor and don’t mind the missing DVI port, this is a great option.
If you’re looking strictly for a great IPS monitor for an affordable price, this is the best IPS monitor under 200.
- 21:9 UltraWide IPS Display
- sRGB over 99%
- PIP mode in Screen Split
- Game Mode.Black Stabilizer. Compatibility-Windows 10
- Without Stand W*H*D 24"x 2.2" x 11.3". With Stand (WxHxD)-24 x 7.4 x 15.1 inches
With the LG name, you are guaranteed to get quality electronic products, no matter if it’s TVs, headsets, and various other products. The same is true for their gaming monitors, as they look to prove with their UM57 model of monitors.
Much like our previous monitor, the UM57 uses IPS technology that allows for better viewing no matter which angle you are looking at the monitor. It does this while using sRGB color, which allows the monitor to display colors that are 99% accurate to their original source. This makes the monitor not only good for gamers, but for those that are in to photography or video editing as well.
In terms of resolution, the UM57 boasts an “Ultrawide” 21:9 aspect ratio, which allows gamers to see even more in their field of vision then ever before. This monitor is the only monitor on the list with a 2560 x 1080 (2K) resolution. Helping even more to give gamers the best view is the black stabilizer, which always gives gamers the best view, even if they find themselves staring at the blackness of a cave or anything similar. To cap it off, users can even have up to four different windows running on the monitor, without losing any of the resolution quality.
This all comes at a price, though, as the UM57 monitor comes up just around the $200 dollar mark. While there are more than enough reasons for this monitor to cost that much, it doesn’t help for those that may be having some money troubles. It also does not feature a DVI port, which may be a drawback for those using that input.
For what you pay, you get more than enough options to keep you happy for years to come. Giving gamers possible one of the best visual experiences they’ll get from a monitor, the LG UM57 is worth every penny spent.
2. AOC G2460PF 24-Inch Free Sync Gaming Monitor
If you’re looking for something that has everything a gamer could want, low 1ms response, 144hz refresh rate, a very stylish design, and so much more. The AOC G2460PF Gaming Monitor is very close to the best gaming monitor under 200 dollars.
- 24" Class LED Monitor (24" Viewable) Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, 144hz Response Rate
- AMD FreeSync technology provides the smoothest gaming experience. Height adjust amount- 5.1 inches. Pixel Pitch (H) (V)- 0.276
- Brightness - 350 cd/m2, Dynamic Contrast Ratio - 80,000,000:1, Response Time - 1ms
- Connectivity - VGA, DVI, HDMI w/MHL, Display Port, (4) USB, (1) USB Hub, Headphone Jack
- Wall Mountable 100mm, Speakers, Height & Swivel Adjustable. Compatibile with Windows 10
The complete opposite of our previous monitor, our second best gaming monitor under 200 dollars for today is our most expensive on our list.
While this monitor certainly requires you to have some extra cash lying around to buy it, the monitor’s price point is more than justified.
The AOC is a monitor that provides gamers with the full HD experience that they could expect from a gaming monitor, and with a high refresh rate of 1ms that eliminates lag and image blurring. Further adding to this clear picture is the AOC’s “Freesync” technology, which syncs to the users GPU, allowing for the perfect image for your graphics card.
To complete this monitor is the staggering amount of extras built into it. The AOC includes speakers built into the monitor, as well as input options for DVI, HDMI, VGA, USB, and even your headphones if you so choose. All these options can allow gamers more versatility with the AOC than they may have with some of the other monitors.
While certainly not for everyone, especially if you are short on cash, there really is not much to complain about with the AOC G2460PF. This monitor is the perfect choice for the gamer who wants the most out of their gaming experience.
The AOC G2460PF didn’t make the top spot in our quest to find the best gaming monitor under 200 dollars as we found the input lag to be higher than that of the Acer at the number 1 spot.
1. Acer XFA240 24-Inch Gaming Monitor
– Best gaming monitor under 200 dollars
– Best 144hz monitor under 200 dollars
If you’re a really competitive gamer who needs the best gaming monitor on a budget, then the Acer XFA240 is hard to beat.
- 24" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen TN Display with AMD FreeSync technology
- 144Hz Refresh Rate- Using Display Port, Response time: 1ms
- Height, Pivot, Swivel and Tilt. Viewing Angles-170° Horizontal, 160° Vertical
- 2 x 2W speakers. Panel Type- Twisted Nematic Film (TN Film). Color Supported- 16.7 million. Brightness- 350 nit
- Signal inputs: 1 x Display port (V1.2), 1 x HDMI/MHL & 1 x DVI
This was a very close cal to choose this monitor over that of the AOC G2460PF. We put the Acer above that of the AOC as a result of the brand name and reliability involved. The AOC can potentially suffer from some larger input lag.
This is a newer monitor released from Acer, so if you look at the reviews on Amazon, there won’t be many yet – unlike many of the other monitors that have been around since 2015!
Freesync is great if you have an AMD graphics card – but what if you don’t?
At higher refresh rates, freesync doesn’t show as many benefits. The common thought is that over 100 FPS, the dreaded screen tearing, is so short that it is barely perceivable to the eye.
This monitor has plenty of movable positions as well, being able to tilt -5° to 35° and swivel overall.
As this is a gaming monitor review, the TN panel I feel is the better solution. Faster response times is the name of the game.
We can expect the colors to be less impressive as the IPS counterparts, but with a few tweaks either on the monitor or your video card – you can get very good colors. In addition, colors are very subjective as well.
If you want some of the fastest gaming around, look no further than the XFA240. With a super fast 1ms response time, there is almost zero latency in your games display, providing fast and lag free gameplay. And it maintains this speed while providing full, 1920×1080 HD gaming.
This monitor has a HDMI 1.4, Displayport and DVI connections. And yes, HDMI 1.4 will run 144Hz refresh rates.
With the Acer XFA240, the Acer company has more than outdone themselves for the price.
All these monitors, while great choices, are barely even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the staggering amount of gaming monitors that are available. Thankfully, with this list and some research, finding the right monitor should be easier and you will have the monitor that’s right for you in no time.
If this at all helped you I ask that you share this with others, also if you have any lingering questions please add a comment below!